The Postgraduate Diploma program is an intensive, nine-month online program designed for working professionals seeking to develop advanced skills in innovation and design thinking.Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be awarded a verified digital diploma by Emeritus Institute of Management, in collaboration with MIT Sloan, Columbia Business School Executive Education & Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Innovation and Design Thinking will provide participants the tools they need to take a design project from inspiration and insights to ideation and implementation and understand the full scope of organizational innovation and strategy.
The learning journey will NOT be easy. It requires your commitment for at least four to six hours a week to learn, explore, and collaborate.
The program evaluates three core pillars of innovation:“Outside the Box” Thinking, “In the Box” Thinking, and The Strategy. The three topics are woven together to provide a comprehensive perspective on innovation and creativity.
No, the program is designed to be completed in its entirety and cannot be taken as standalone modules. However, the option of pursuing specific modules as certificate courses is available.
The program is a combination of interactive lectures and individual and team assignments. Additionally, it includes live sessions with course leaders who are dedicated to guiding you through your learning journey.
If you are eager to explore the core design thinking principles in business, and excited to develop innovative solutions and strategies for your business/organization, then this program is meant for you.
Absolutely! Today, knowledge of design thinkingand creativity has become a requisite across industries, as all businesses will eventually need to use core design principles and applied creativity to develop innovative strategies that better connect them with their end users. While your current role may not require knowledge of design principles, it is almost certain thatdesign thinking skills will be in high demand in your future.
There is a growing demand for design thinking professionals across industries. The program will equip you with advanced skills and prepare you for challenges and opportunities in this area. These skills will make you invaluable in your current role and help you enhance your future career prospects.
No, every course at EMERITUS is developed with a neutral perspective so that everyone benefits. The modules and frameworks taught within them are applicable for both B2C and B2B environments.
The program is a blend of theory, tools, and case studies, which are easy to assimilate and implement. The course topics include detailed steps for implementation. Additionally, business case studies provide the opportunity to learn how organizations have achieved innovation through these techniques.For example, Design Thinking module offers tools like need finding, idea generation, experience mapping that anyone should be able to immediately apply the next time they are tasked with creating or improving a product or service. Similarly, Break Through Innovation module offers a set of "templates" that can be applied to any existing product or service to generate innovation opportunities. Strategy is Innovation module offers "monitoring weak signals" and "reverse innovation" and "selective forgetting" and "core competence" and "borrowing" that can be immediately applied when one needs to high potential innovation opportunities, get the business to actually pursue those ideas, and overcome the hurdles that prevent innovation from happening.
MIT Sloan Executive Education, Columbia Business School Executive Education, and Tuck Executive Education at Dartmouth have collaborated with Emeritus Institute of Management to offer a portfolio of online programs. These programs leverage our faculties’ thought leadership in management developed over years of research, teaching, and practice. Through EMERITUS, we expect to extend our impact in leadership development to learners across the world.
The following courses developed by MIT are currently offered through EMERITUS:
- Innovation of Products And Services: MIT’s Approach to Design Thinking
- Negotiation and Influence
- Leading Organizations and Change
- Intelligent Teams and Networks: Communication and Collaboration in the Digital Age
- Digital Transformation: Platform Strategies for Success
The following courses developed by Columbia Business School are currently offered through EMERITUS:
- Digital Strategies for Business: Leading the Next-Generation Enterprise
- Digital Marketing: Customer Engagement, Social Media, Planning & Analytics
- Leadership: People, Teams and Organizations
- PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT: USING SYSTEMATIC INVENTIVE THINKING (SIT)®
- Financial Acumen (Corporate Finance)
The following courses developed by Tuck Executive Education are currently offered through EMERITUS:
- Strategy is Innovation: How the Leaders of Tomorrow Create the Future
- Personal Leadership And Success
- Strategic Thinking: Building & Sustaining Competitive Advantage
- Financial Statement Analysis: Measuring & Interpreting Business Performance
You can use the reference links below to understand our collaboration model:
Yes. Applicants will be required to submit:
- Completed application form
- Passport copy (ID page)
- Recent photo (digital)
- Updated CV/resume
- Proof of degree in any field of study (highest qualification should be submitted)
- Proof of language proficiency (if formal education or degree was not completed in English)
A nonrefundable application fee of USD 50 + GST is required. (GST is only due for students residing in Singapore.)
No, the application fee is nonrefundable.
Listed below are the steps for enrolling in the program:
- Complete the application for the program:
- Include your personal details, education details, and employment details
- Write two essays pertaining to the program
- Submit your application
- Once you have submitted the application, pay the fee of USD 50.
- Thereafter, your application will be reviewed by the EMERITUS Admissions Committee.
- If your application review is successful, you will receive an offer letter via email regarding your admission confirmation.
- Once you’re admitted, you’ll need to review and accept the following post-admission documents online via your application dashboard. You can download and save these documents for subsequent requirements.
- Form 12: Advisory note to students
- Pre-course counseling form
- Student contract
- After you have submitted the above documents, you can proceed to pay the first installment of the tuition fee to confirm your enrollment.
- Finally, you’ll need to mail the hard copies of the below documents to: Admissions Office, Emeritus Institute of Management, 78 Shenton Way, #20-02 Singapore – 079120.
- Certified true copy of submitted academic certificate (Self attested)
- Form 12: Advisory note to students (print and sign)
- Pre-course counseling form (print and sign)
- Student contract (print and sign)
You can pay for the course using an international debit or credit card. Alternatively, you can also pay for the program using a bank/telegraphic transfer mechanism. Below are the telegraphic transfer details (please quote the invoice no.):
Account Name: Emeritus Institute of Management Pte Ltd
Bank Name: The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited
Bank Address: 21 Collyer Quay, #07-01 HSBC Building, Singapore 049320
USD Account Number: 260-816558-178
Bank Code: 7232
Branch Code: 260
SWIFT Code: HSBCSGSG
Once you complete the application for the course, you will receive an invoice. Payment for the course is required to gain access. You will be given a receipt once the payment is received for your files and/or tax purposes.
An admission decision can be expected within five working days, provided all required application documents are submitted.
There are two sets of documents you need to submit to enroll in the program:
Pre-admission documents that you should have ready in soft copy before starting your application:
- Passport copy (ID page)
- Updated CV/resume
- Recent photo (digital)
- Academic certificate or full transcripts of highest degree
Post-admission documents, which need to be submitted once your application has been accepted by the Admissions Committee:
- Pre-course counselling form
- Form 12: Advisory note to students
- Student contract
A degree in any field of study is required to take this program. However, students with a lower qualification but significant work experience may be considered for admission as a mature entry.
The applicant should have at least three years of professional experience. For mature entries, you should have at least 10 years of professional experience to be considered.
Why are you interested in earning the Postgraduate Diploma in Innovation and Design Thinking? Also, how will you contribute to your colleagues’ learning experience during this program?
The nine-month diploma program is a rigorous professional certificate program registered with the Committee for Private Education, Singapore.
The program does not award any credits/education points towards any master’s programs from MIT, Columbia, or Tuck.
This is a global postgraduate business diploma program; you will need to check with your national or qualification regulatory body on respective recognition.
Applicants can be reviewed for mature entry (min. 30 years of age and 10 years of work experience). Applicants who meet these criteria are eligible for review and not guaranteed admission. Applicants must still submit their highest qualification for consideration.
All candidates who have received their bachelor’s or other degree or diploma from an education institution where English is NOT the primary language of instruction are required to demonstrate English language proficiency through ANY ONE of the following methods:
- Obtain a TOEFL minimum score of 550 for the paper-based test or its equivalent
- Obtain an IELTS minimum score of 6.0
- Obtain a Pearson Versant Test minimum score of 59
- Obtain a Certificate of Completion for a Certificate course offered by the Emeritus Institute of Management
- Submit a document which shows that the candidate has, for the last 24 months or more, worked in ANY ONE of these countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, India, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, the United Kingdom, or the United States.
Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be awarded a verified digital diploma by Emeritus Institute of Management, in collaboration with MIT Sloan, Columbia Business School Executive Education, and Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth.
You will receive both a hard copy and soft copy of the certificate after successful completion of the program.
In addition to the faculty video lectures, participants will learn from course leaders through live teaching sessions. The number of sessions varies from cohort to cohort as per the program flow. Typically, 18 to 20 live teaching sessions are conducted during the course.
Live teaching sessions are usually scheduled between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. UTC/GMT. All the live teaching sessions are recorded and shared with students within 24 hours. The recording links are also made available on EMERITUS’s learning platform, Canvas.
The number of live sessions conducted by industry experts during the course varies from cohort to cohort as per the program flow.
To optimally benefit from the program, at least three to four hours of dedicated learning per week is required.
If students have any technical questions or requests for assignment extensions, they can contact a program coordinator via the ticketing system integrated into EMERITUS’s learning platform. Students can also contact course leaders via their EMERITUS learning platform inbox for answers to any content-related questions.
For the Postgraduate Diploma in Innovation and Design Thinking, our grading system uses a grade point average (GPA) scale that runs from 0 to 10. Students are awarded a final GPA in each of the required three courses, along with a status of Distinction, Pass, Low Pass, or Fail.
- Distinction: Awarded to the top 25 percent of the cohort in a course.
- Pass: Awarded to students who receive a course GPA of 5 or higher.
- Low Pass: Awarded to students who receive a course GPA between 4 and 5.
- Fail: Students who receive a course GPA below a 4 fail the course and do not complete it.
The overall diploma program GPA is calculated as an average of the GPAs received across the three courses. The top 10 percent of the cohort achieves the status of “Global IVY Scholars,” determined by their overall diploma program GPA.
Passing Criteria for the program:
The minimum overall program GPA required for graduation is 4.67 out of 10. Per our academic policies, to successfully complete the program you may only receive a Low Pass in one of the required courses and you must not fail any course. In addition to the GPA requirements, the program requires students to successfully complete a capstone project. The capstone project demonstrates the student’s understanding of the material across the three courses.
All course materials can be accessed through the EMERITUS learning portal at https://student.emeritus.org. Once you have enrolled in the course and logged into the learning platform, instructions for the course and assignment submissions will be provided. All assignment submissions will be done online through the learning portal.
You will lose access to the content of the program if you fail to graduate within the set term duration. Only students who can successfully graduate from the program retain access to the contents of the program.
No, the start and end dates of this programare fixed, and you must complete all allotted assignments by the end dates. There is some opportunity to work at your own pace, but you should plan to follow our recommended timeline as this will best enable you to keep pace with your peers and complete the program on time.
No, due to the fixed-term nature of this program, and the need for maintaining a consistent and stable student body throughout, you do not have the option to pause and resume the course later.
The program is rolled out in a specific structure and sequence to ensure the optimal user experience. There are many assignments interspersed at specific points in the program to facilitate the best learning experience. Moving ahead to view videos without completing these assignments would negatively affect the course’s prescribed learning experience.
You will have access to all the course materials, including the videos, for a period of 12 months from the day the course was launched.
Our content licensing agreements with our university partners and world-class faculty restrict us from allowing videos to be downloaded. This step is necessary for us to protect the integrity of our course, our university partners' brands, and the personal brand of our faculty.
Everything you need will be provided via the course platform.
There are no examinations, but there are assignments at the end of most modules to help you apply your learnings.
Assignments are a combination of individual assignments and group assignments.
You can work on the assignments offline in a Word doc or PPT and upload them back on the learning platform, depending on the nature of the assignment. In some cases, you might have to directly answer the questions on the platform.
You can access the course from a desktop, laptop, tablet,or mobile device as long as you have access to the internet. The EMERITUS Learning Platform is cloud-based and is synchronized across all devices. If you have an iPhone or an Android device, you can also download the Canvas App and access the course. When you download the application, you will be asked to enter a URL. Please enter https://student.emeritus.org/ followed by your login id and password.